- Tata Power Solar doubles its manufacturing capacity of Cells and Modules to 1,100 MW
Tata Power Solar expanded its manufacturing capacity of Cell from 300 MW to 530 MW with Mono PERC and Module from 400 MW to 580 MW with Mono PERC Half cut technology.
These lines are capable of handling 166 mm - 210 mm wafers and also module wattage ranging from 440 watts to 530 watts with option for bifacial modules. The expansion is based on the significant increase in demand that the company has seen for its solar modules, as well as the expected increase in demand due to supportive policy steps announced recently by the Government of India for creating ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ (Self-Reliant India). Tata Power Solar, is one of the few companies globally to have a long operating history of 31 years. This is a strong proof point for the company’s ability to honour the 25 years warranty that solar modules come with. Tata Power Solar has seen an increase in demand for its products which reaffirms the faith customers put in the quality of its products.
- Tata Power (Renewables) was recognized as "Industry Leader" in the Tata Business Excellence Model (TBEM Assessment) 2020.
Tata Power Solar won Re-Assets Award 2021 in the category of 'Best Service Provider of the Year: Asset Management Turnkey'. Tata Power Solar got the recognition towards increased plant availability by 0.5% which has resulted in improvement of plant performance in form improvement in energy generation. The method was patented and granted in Intellectual property INDIA. Also, developed in house algorithm in commissioned plants where Peak power control was not conceptualised at initial stage. This has resulted in 60 Lakhs/Annum revenue gain due to increased energy generation, with one time cost saving of 80 Lakhs for capacity of 250 MW.
50MW Kasaragod Solar Park
Inauguration of 50 MW Kasaragod solar plant at Kerala by the Honourable PM Shri Narendra Modi, digitally and Shri Pinarayi Vijayan, Chief Minister, Kerala. The occasion was graced by the team of THDC India Ltd. along with Tata Power Solar team. Tata Power Solar commissioned 50 MW AC solar PV plant at Kasaragod Solar Park, Kerala. Approximately 1,65,149 Multi Crystalline solar modules were used in the project.
Tata Power Solar has solely designed, engineered, procured, commissioned the project and will undertake the comprehensive operation & maintenance of the plant for 10 years. The plant is expected to generate about 101 MUs of energy annually. Despite Covid challenges, the project was completed one month ahead of its timelines.
- Tata Power Solar won 105MWp bid of one of the largest floating solar plants in the world to be installed at NTPC Kayamkulam in Kerala
Tata Power Solar post reverse auction of 105MWp Floating Solar Project, have received a Letter of Award to develop this project worth approx. INR 343 crores including 3 years O&M.
This project is one of the most prominent floating solar projects in the country. The venture will be executed on the reservoir of NTPC Kayamkulam District Allappuzha, Kerala. The project is required to be commissioned not later than 21 months.
- Award for Active Promotion of TBEM
Tata Power Solar received an award for Active Promotion of TBEM. This award was presented in a glittering ceremony at Delhi by our Group Chairman Mr. N Chandrasekaran during the BEC’18 convention.
This award is a testimony of the tireless efforts and focus on a process based approach by each one of you. This is also a reflection of our excellent financial results i.e. 3 times increase in revenue in last 3 years, ranked as No.1 EPC player in rooftop segment from last 5 years and distinction of having commissioned remarkable projects.
- Tata Power Solar installed World’s largest solar rooftop installation on a cricket stadium, at Cricket Club of India, Mumbai
The project was executed by Tata Power Solar to provide solar rooftop solution for the stadium located at Mumbai and was completed in 100 days.
Shri Devendra Fadnavis, Honourable Chief Minister of Maharashtra did the inauguration of the stadium.
Tata Power Solar joined hands with Cricket Club of India to utilise the potential of solar energy. The installation of the solar rooftop project will help to generate over 1.12 million electricity per year which will lead to 25% of savings in the power consumption cost.
At present on an average (apart from Stadium Flood lights, which runs on DG), the stadium consumes 4 lakhs kWh /month, but with solar installation, on an average basis the consumption from the grid would fall to approx. 3 lakhs kWh/month. CCI will also be able to curb the emission of over 840 tonnes of carbon dioxide annually.
- "Optimizing operations with AI" Award
Tata Power Solar achieved another milestone with "Optimizing operations with AI" award in the recently held Microsoft Awards 2018 event at Bengaluru.
The award was given for leveraging Artificial Intelligence to improve current technology used in the organization.
The overall AI deployment at TPS helped us to rule out the use of conventional image processing and rule-based algorithms for sorting defective solar panels. This automated solution piloted on the shop floor operations.
Based on the observations, it is concluded that the solution resulted in substantial improvement in operational efficiency by improved throughput, reduced costs and higher long-term customer satisfaction.
This recognition proves that we have what it takes to be the market leader and set benchmarks within the industry.
- Tata Power Solar achieves the milestone of shipping 1 GW modules worldwide.
- Ranked #1 in the solar rooftop market for the third consecutive year - by BRIDGE TO INDIA
- Expanded module manufacturing capacity by 100% to 400 MW
- Expanded cell manufacturing capacity by 65% to 300 MW
- Ranked #1 in the solar rooftop market for the third consecutive year - by BRIDGE TO INDIA
- 100 MW - NTPC Anantapur - project commissioned using domestically manufactured cells and modules
- Ranked #1 in the solar rooftop market by BRIDGE TO INDIA
- Won a 100 MW Solar Power Plant Project from NTPC, including domestically manufactured cells and modules, at Andhra Pradesh
- Commissioned a 12 MW Rooftop Project for RSSB-EES, world's largest rooftop solar power plant
- Ranked #1 third-party EPC player as well as #1 domestic module supplier for 2014 in India Solar Map 2014
- Touched nearly 30 million lives till April 2014
- Positive environment impact through reduced carbon footprint by 6.2 million tonnes till April 2014
- Expanded module manufacturing capacity by 60% to 200 MW
- Commissioned India's largest solar power project of 50 MW with NTPC Completion
- Commissioned the largest rooftop solar plant in South India for Murugan Textiles
- Completed 10 MW for Jindal Aluminum Limited, largest to date in the state of Karnataka
- Tata Power Solar becomes a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tata Group
- Completed over 40 MW grid-connected power plants across India including 17 MW grid-connected power plant in Mithapur, Gujarat for IIPL
- Received CII’s Leadership and Excellence Award in Environmental Health and Safety Award 2012
Year - 2010
- Tata Power Solar receives the FICCI Annual Award 2008 -09 for outstanding achievement in environmental sustainability of business
- Special commendation for Golden Peacock award for Occupational Health & Safety – 2010
- Carbon footprint reduced by 3443546 tons
- 1 MW grid-connected power plant executed in New Delhi for Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd
- 15,000 solar home lighting systems in various villages of J&K through JAKEDA and 700 solar home lighting systems and 10 (40 kWp) for KREDA installed
Year - 2009
- Tata Power Solar wins Golden Peacock Innovation Award, 2009
- Awarded Readers Choice Award in the solar cell category, by Electronics For You group that identifies leaders within the Indian electronics industry
- Initiated installation of over 86 microgrids in Leh aggregating to a capacity of 1 MW over the span of next 4 years
- Tata Power Solar expands cell manufacturing to 84 MW
Year - 2008
- Tata Power Solar crosses Rs 500 crore in exports and 1100 crore in sales
- ICAI Award for Excellence in Financial reporting for the year 2008
- 70+ surface and submersible solar water pump systems installed in perpetual drought-prone Anantpur district
- Rail Vikas Nigam Limited commissions 28 4.41 kWp SPG systems for IPS charging at the North Western Railway
Year - 2007
- Tata Power Solar declared Best Solar Water Heater Manufacturer by MNRE
- Tata Power Solar was presented EEPC’s Star Performer (large enterprise) award in recognition of its outstanding contribution to Engineering Exports
- 8000 homes installed with solar lighting
- Tata Power Solar becomes the largest cell manufacturer in India by increasing capacity to 52 MW
- Expanded module manufacturing capacity to 85 MW
Year - 2006
- Tata Power Solar crosses Rs 600 crore in sales
- Executed over 40 offshore platform
Year - 2005
- The Chhattisgarh rural electrification projects wins the Helios award by BP, the best global project of social importance in 2004-05
- Tata Power Solar wins Gold for Manufacturing Excellence by Frost & Sullivan
- Carbon footprint reduced by 980,037 tons
- Powered computers for use by 75,000 students and senior citizens in Emerald Isle, Sri Lanka using solar
Year - 2004
- Tata Power Solar exports cross Rs 300 crore
- Initiated electrification of over 400 villages with 100 solar power plants in Chhattisgarh with CREDA
Year - 2003
- Largest industrial solar water heating system developed for the Kerala Co-operative milk federation with a capacity of 60,000 liters
Year - 2002
- India’s first solar heated pool developed for Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi
Year - 2001
- Module manufacturing expansion initiated - foundation stone laid for a new 10 acre facility at Bangalore
- Tata Power Solar crosses Rs 100 crore in exports
Year - 2000
- Tata Power Solar crosses Rs 100 crore in sales
- Carbon footprint reduced by 163,762 tons
- The first company in India to upgrade cell manufacturing with plasma-enhanced vapour deposition system
Year - 1999
- Powered Asia’s largest telescope at Hanle, J&K for Indian Institute of Astrophysics through a 31.5 kWp SPV hybrid power plant
Year - 1995
- Expansion of manufacturing facility at Bangalore
- Carbon footprint reduced by 6,918 tons
Year - 1991
- Commercial manufacturing begins
- The first solar manufacturing facility is set up: 3 MW capacity, 100 mm round cell
Year - 1989
- Tata Power and BP Solar join hands to establish Tata BP Solar